Monday, 21 May 2012

Review: Inika Mineral Setting Powder

Since moving to Japan I've been finding it difficult to find products that are natural or cruetly-free as I don't speak or read the language. I'm very unsure of what labels to look for.
In the meantime while I figure all that out I've been able to find great cosmetics companies that deliver world-wide! Recently I discovered Inika. I'm not 100% sure how I came across their website but I'm happy I did.

About Inikia:
INIKA is a luxury natural cosmetics brand. Half of the INIKA product range is Certified Organic, the other half comprises of 100% pure mineral makeup. All INIKA products are Vegan, Certified Halal and Certified Cruelty Free.

I was lucky enough to test out their Mineral Setting Powder* retail value $40.


About

INIKA Mineral Setting Powder (3.5g) is a loose powder consisting of a silky blend of the lightest minerals. This is the perfect product to give oily skin a matte finish.
Can be applied prior to foundation to absorb excess oil or to diminish the appearance of large pores. Can also be applied after foundation for shine control, to set foundation and provide an illuminating matte appearance.

Benefits

INIKA Mineral Cosmetics are non-comedogenic, which means they do not clog your pores or aggravate your skin.

Application

  1. Dip Kabuki Brush into the powder and work into bristles ensuring the brush is evenly coated.
  2. Tap brush handle on hard surface to embed powder.
  3. Blend in light downward strokes all over the face. For heavier coverage, use a circular buffing motion
I've never used a setting powder before but was very interested in testing it out.
The very first thing I noticed was the colour - A chalky white. Almost immediately I thought 'Oh no, this is going to show up on my face as cakey'. I was completely wrong. 
 First you see it,
 Now you don't :)
And finally me - I'm wearing the setting powder over my mineral make-up
Inika setting powder will now be a new addition to my my make-up routine as it reduces the shine and seems to 'set' my make-up.
A little goes a long way and with saying that the powder is sure to last a little while.
Note for ladies of colour don't be afraid of the white like I was. :)

You can find out more information here - Inika Cosmetics

Also, make sure to check out my contest below for cosmetics from Japan: Giveaway


1 comment:

  1. I have been looking online everywhere to find a review of this product. More importantly, a review with someone of tanned skin (such as I)... I can now purchase this product and rest assured that it will not show up all "ghost-like" on my skin lol ^_^ Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...