Friday, 4 May 2012

Tomoe Kobo: Japanese Natural Cosmetics



While researching natural cosmetics available in Japan I stumbled upon Tomoe Kobo. Produced in Nagano Prefecture; only a 2 hour drive away!
After giving their website a quick but thorough scan I requested their sample pack.
 About the company:
We produce our products in our hometown, in Nagano region; and our aim is to produce quality, simple, and 100% natural products that are of great benefit for people with sensitive skin.
Our products contain no synthetic or chemical additives such as additives, perfume, coloring or preservatives. They also do not include any surface active agents or mineral oils and therefore are a good alternative to main stream commercial products.(sic)

Tomoe Kobo is a small company that consists of a mother, son (and wife) team. They test all their products on themselves. 100% CRUELTY-FREE!
I've been using the cleanser and toner for a couple of days now and here are my thoughts..
The cleanser:
It lathers, but doesn't create a noticeable foam.
While applying it on my skin, it makes my face feel incredibly soft which then makes it hard for me to stop rubbing my face.
I like the idea of using the cleanser in a bar form as I won't waste too much of product if it was too runny, or by pumping too much out of a bottle. After washing it off, my skin feels clean but not tight or dry. Only a couple of days in and I'm already in love with this cleanser.
Below you will see a photo of the sample size provided and my face afterwards.



The Toner:
It's really cleans and clears my skin without over drying it.
Both the cleanser and toner come with a light scent which is barely noticeable and vanishes moments later.
You can see all the dirt that was removed from my face with the toner in the picture below.



Final thoughts...

I love it! I can't wait to buy the full sized version of each. The price of the cleanser is comparable to most at just under 1900 yen. The toner is a bit more, listed at 3000 yen. 
Tomoe Kobo also have hand made soaps available which look and sound delicious. I hope to try those out too. 


*Samples of Tomoe Kobo are available on their website - http://www.tomoekobo.com/products/


2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I'm always on the lookout for natural products here and hadn't come across this brand before. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. :) It's a great brand with great people working there. You can always contact them via email and request some samples, let them know that I sent you :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...