Sunday, 1 July 2012

Glossybox DIY Weekend

I finally had enough boxes to make my very own Glossybox set of drawers, as seen here at Gotta Love a Trier and over at JanBan. All you need is 4 boxes and your ready to begin!

 You'll benefit greatly from using a glue gun.
I couldn't find one so I just used crafts glue.
You'll also require an X-ACTO knife and cutting board
Add whatever decorating accesories you fancy.

 First cut one of the long sides of two Glossybox lids.
Those pieces will be used for the sides of the drawer.
Cut all the sides of a third lid as that will be the backing.
The forth lid will be the top piece of your drawer, and serve as open storage.
Then cut the bottom part out completely of one of the lower piece as show below.
This piece will be used at the base for the drawers

 Before gluing all the pieces together I decorated the sides to with ribbon to give them a clean finish.
 Once you glue all your peices together you'll end up with something like this.



 Slide in the drawers and voila! It's almost complete.
Since I used craft glue, I had a to wait about an hour for it to be dry completely.
 I added a bit of weight on top to make sure it stayed in place while drying.
Now on to the handles. I poked 2 holes in each drawer to sew my handles through as shown below.

 
 And there you have it! My new Glossybox drawer!




I couldn't be happier with how this turned out. 
It didn't take much time and it really does save up some space.
What do you guys think? Has anyone else tried their hand at making over their Glossyboxes, Birchboxes, Glymm boxes, or even their Topbox tubes?

22 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What an amazing idea. Thank you so much for sharing :)

    I'll have to try this when I have enough Glossyboxes that are the same colour, all mine are different colours at the moment :(

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a multicolored set of drawers would be something to see. Please let me know when you complete you DIY! :)

      Delete
  2. wow that's lovely! you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This is honestly my first DIY in many many years, so I'm quite happy it turned out.

      Delete
  3. So cute! Good job! I love the star drawer handles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just grabbed a bunch of stuff from the Diaso and so happy it all worked out. :)

      Delete
  4. amazing! great job :) I'd love to be so creative and handy, but I think I'd ruin it all lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah.. Thanks so much. I'll sure you'll come up for something just as or even better than what I did.

      Delete
  5. Sooo Cute!!! you are a good handywoman to do craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Beatrice,
      Thanks for stopping by and thanks so much for the compliment.

      Delete
  6. This really quite creative! Haha. If I had the time and the patience I would totally do this. Sadly, I'm afraid I have neither at the moment. Ada = lazy slob mode. But something like this should totally be on my to-do list.

    Thanks for sharing this with us and following my blog! I've followed you back :3

    Ada
    http://ada-nikki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative!! I use these boxes to store beauty products that I have blog ideas for...the little star buttons are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. All thanks to the Diaso for those lovely star handles. :)
      Btw.. love your blog!

      Delete
  8. Looks really cute! As soon as I found 4 matching boxes I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Please make sure to post some photos of the finished product as I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete
  9. Daiso also sells glue gun you know! this drawer is realy cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :)
      I wasn't able to find one in my local Diaso, but I'll be sure to have a harder look as I hope to do more DIY's in the future.

      Delete
  10. That's one awesome DIY! :)


    www.street-love.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm one box away from being able to do that! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! This is sooo cute!! You've done such a great job! I have seen a couple of Glossybox drawer projects before but the finish has looked a little rough but yours is so pretty with the extra fabric trim..it looks so neat! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...