Sunday, 15 July 2012

Japanese Magazines: E-Mook Edition

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with you my recent e-mook purchases.

What is an e-mook?
"The e-mook has become all the rage in Japan. An enhanced version of a mook (cross between a magazine and a book), the e-mook, published by Takarajimasha, expands the hybrid concept a step further by including a premium gift inserted in a box attached to every mook. Typically focused on a single trendy fashion label, e-mooks are brand specific, containing articles about the designer, manufacturing process, celebrity customers and a catalog of the latest collection."
Source

Simply put - You buy the book to get the gift.
They usually range from  ¥1200 - ¥1800
Here's this months purchase:


 I've been wanting to try Koh Gen Do for some time now but didn't know what product to try first. So when I found out there was a Koh Gen Do e-mook coming out in July I was excited. The only downside is there was quite a few foundation samples, which I don't think I'll be able to use.


I'm not very familiar with Paul & Joe, but I thought the bags included were so cute!








I just hope I don't start collecting too many e-mooks :S

What do you think of e-mooks?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish we had this in England. I think I would become addicted to them though lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That's my problem now. I promised myself I'd only buy one e-mook a month. Looks like I broke that promise.. :( haha

      Delete
  2. woww! so awesome. i would totally be buying a ton of these too. wish we had these in canada - or at least magazines with the gifts that are common in japan and uk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the gifts! I find them similar to a beauty box but only featuring one brand. The great thing about these emook is you get to see what you get before you buy it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I wish they had it here in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if we keep our fingers crossed long enough it might just happen ;)

      Delete
  4. No chance to arrive in New Caledonia :( But it is a great marketing idea ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. What's New Caledonia like? Do you visit NZ or Australia often?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...