Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Review: Steamcream


Thanks to Canadian Beauty Reviews, I was introduced to Steamcream. After seeing how adorable the packaging was, I had to learn more. After doing a bit of research I decided to take the plunge and order a couple of tins. I also received a sample* for review.

What is Steamcream?
"STEAMCREAM represents the latest concept in skincare. Freshly handmade using high-quality, natural ingredients that are fused together by a shot of steam. This unique method makes the cream very lightweight, providing long-lasting hydration for the face. The texture also makes it a perfect nourishing treat for your body and hands too.
STEAMCREAM is handmade in the UK and Japan with fresh, traceable ingredients. It’s super-moisturizing, sinks deep down instantly and revives your skin straight away. It makes your skin simply the best it can be, naturally."
顔、手、身体の部位を選ばず、ひとつで全身にお使いいただける保湿クリームです。トレーサビリティが管理された天然成分をもとに、スチームを使って乳化させるというユニークな製法で手づくりしました。
I have really dehydrated skin. Now before you say it - I drink water! I drinks lots of water. I drink Aloe juice, tea, regular water, etc. You name it, I drink it. I drink so much liquid that I end up having to use the washroom every 5 minutes.
Oh, hang on a sec.. Gotta go!
....
Okay, I'm back.
So, because my skin is so dry I end up making my own shea butter mixture, which is wonderful in winter but can be a bit heavy in summer. I was a bit skeptical of Steamcream as I've tried many, MANY different creams in the past but they don't moisturize my face adequetly. Imagine my surprise when my face felt soft and supple after one application of Steamcream. スゴイ! I love it! It has a wonderful lavender smell with a light hint of cocoa butter, packaged in a beautiful and collectible tin.



There are so many tins to choose from both in the UK and Japan.
Here are some limited edition tins I really want from the Japanese website -

Steamcream Japan Facebook page
For those living oversea's check out Steamcream's UK Facebook page for deals.

Have you tried Steamcream recently?


24 comments:

  1. THIS is what I should have asked for in our swap! Argh! They sound so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you like what I sent you we can always do another swap. :)

      Delete
    2. Hehe, I think I see another swap in the future!

      Delete
  2. wow I love the packaging of this product! I hope they sell them in Canada too!

    btw check out my 22k gold plated desiger necklace giveaway! CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to order steamcream from the UK if you live in Canada. However, I have done so and the shipping is great! very quick.

      Delete
    2. They also have free shipping worldwide right now - Use discount code: FBSC12 (saved me $15)

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you like the steam cream!! Isn't the packaging amazing? I can't wait to use up my cream so I can re use the tins hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reviewing it first. I would have never known about it if it wasn't for you. I absolutely adore the packaging. It might be my new obsession this month :)
      What are you going to do with your tin?

      Delete
  4. Great that it's working out for you. I love Steam Cream too...but only for hands or body since it is a bit too rich for my face. Love the way it sinks right in and doesn't feel greasy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised how quickly it absorbed into my face. :)
      Since my body is so dry (even in summer) I think I'd finish a tin in less than a week. Hahah..!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. oh and i just wanted to say that i started watching Revenge (because of your recommendation) last Thursday or Friday and finished the season yesterday.
      now i don't know what to do! loved it... have u finished it?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reminding me!! I totally forgot about the series a few weeks back. I was addicted then had a busy work week, then forgot all about it. haha.
      I need to finish it! Glad you liked it as well :)

      Delete
    3. To add to my comment - It's so cheesy but so good!

      Delete
    4. haha no problem! thanks for telling me about it :)
      let me know when you finish, i'd like to discuss the ending with someone since no one else i know watches it!
      and it is quite cheesy! reminds me of a soap opera sometimes haha

      Delete
  6. I know what you mean about having dry skin. I mainly drink green tea and water every day nonstop. I am happy to find out about these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another dry skin sufferer! Welcome :)
      What do you use as a face cream?

      Delete
    2. I use olay night cream (anyting olay - olay face wash, especially and moisturizer). I also have nubrilliance facial machine (but man, my face is so dry - I have to really drag it across my face). :O! Such is life.

      Delete
  7. I freaking love the Disney Tins!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! I really want to order one but I made a promise to myself to finish the tins I already own. :)

      Delete
    2. I haven't even opened mine - haha. I don't even know if the "Steamcream" is good. It must be fun living in Japan and having access to cool makeup brands :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your review, i am always looking for natural skincare products
    Btw, is this a body cream???
    thanks

    xoxo
    tiffanykeepgoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an all over cream. I use it on my face and love it. I usually find it a challenge to find anything my face actually likes. This in my book is a winner :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...