Thursday, 16 August 2012

Vacation part 4: Final distination - 京都市, Kyōto-shi

On to our final destination - Kyoto City, Kyoto.
"Kyoto is a city in the central part of the island of Honshu, Japan. It has a population close to 1.5 million. Formerly the imperial capital of Japan, it is now the capital of Kyoto Prefecture, as well as a major part of the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe metropolitan area. Ranked as the 11th of the world's most livable cities in the magazine Monocle in 2012, Kyoto was praised for its history and compact city solutions such as its own subway system"
source

We stayed in Kyoto for 2 nights in a quaint and charming guest house name Bora Bora. This was my first time staying in a guest house and I had no idea what to expect. The home owner was lovely and very helpful.
I only wish we had more time in Kyoto as there was so much to see.


This man was amazing in his tiny kitchen making everything in a matter of minutes. So efficient in his movement I couldn't help but watch him the entire time.
The Golden Pavilion.






Matcha and tofu soft serve. Soooo yummy!


 My heart skipped a beat when I saw my first and only Geisha. She unfortunately couldn't stay around as she was late for work. Next visit I suppose.


Be sure to stick around for another giveaway featuring purchases from my vacation :)

11 comments:

  1. Just amazing! I would love to visit Japan, one day. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I would love to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to the Golden Pavilion! It's amazing to see! I see those Steamcreams...the tin is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tins are adorable! I'm not sure if it's just me but I noticed the
    smell and formula of the Japanese Steamcream and the UK version seems to
    be a slightly different. I much prefer the tins from the UK as it
    smells nicer. But again that could just be the samples I've tried. I'll
    have to try out my new Mickey tin to confirm. Did your steamcream tins
    arrive yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm sure you'll see more in your swap box soon enough!
    I wish we got to stay more than 2 nights though :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your lovely comments. When you do visit please be sure to stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They did! The shipping was so fast. It was very impressive! What do the Japanese ones smell like?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos make me miss Kyoto! I haven't been there for almost two years. Was it very hot? Or totally absolutely insufferably hot?

    PS: You've also given me a craving for ice cream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog. I'm so happy I found it :) I was searching about Prunus box and I found your blog. I'm Brazilian and I live near Nagoya. I also love doing swaps, most of them I do through Swap bot . I'll check be a beauty correspondent group and see if I can find someone to swap with :) hugs, Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha.. Yeah, Kyoto was pretty hot. Thank god for AC on the buses. :) I'm always craving ice cream since moving to Japan. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not ever sure how to describe it really. The one from the UK has a strong Daniella and coconut butter smell while the Japanese version has a light vanilla with a hint of something else.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...