Sunday, 9 September 2012

Beauty Exchange: From The US

This is my first of many "big" swaps. The budget was higher and after a number of little swaps I've started to get a feeling for what I want and what I don't want in a beauty swap.
Tarah, from the US did not disappoint.
Things that I really wanted to try:
Real Technique brushes and Terressentials mud wash. Unfortunately for me, it seems Terresentials is not a easy thing to come by.




 
Here's some of what I got:
Eos lip balm in Strawberry Sorbet
Eos hand lotion in berry blossom
Real Techniques eye kit
-As you may remember I recently purchased another Real Techniques kit from iherb.com and absolutely love the brushes. To get $5 or $10 off of your order, use promotion code: NUW38.
Mac Kohl in blooz
Urban Decay 24hr eye liner in black
Benefit smoking eyes palette
Stila stylish in Seoul palette
Burt's Bees radiance eye cream
-I don't really use eye creams. I use to when I was younger but stopped after a year or two as I didn't really notice a difference. I'm a big fan of Burt's Bees so I'll give this a try.
27 wishes multi-purpose skin nurturing balm
Revlon make up eraser pen
-How interesting! Didn't even know this sort of thing existed. It'll be fun to try out!
And many, many more..

My absolute favorites from the box were:
NYX lip creams in Antwerp and Istanbul
- I'm not a big fan of lipsticks or colour on my lips for that matter, but these creams have converted me. They go on smoothly and don't leave my lips super shiny. I already have full lips and don't need to draw anymore attention to them. The colour goes on matte and creamy. I would strongly suggest that you apply lipbalm before or after you put on the NYX lipcreams as they are matte and might emphasize the dryness of your lips. I know some have complained about the smell but I actually quite like it and it doesn't bother me. It has a slightly sweet smell.

Istanbul and Antwerp

 Maybeline BB cream in deep
-Loooooove! Finally a BB cream that is suitable for my skin tone. I'm so happy she got this for me!
I'll have to do a comparison review when I get a chance. Trust me when I say this BB cream is bomb, well, at least it is for my skin tone.  

Overall I'm really quite happy with this swap as Tarah introduced me to some of my new favorite items.


Have you done any swaps lately? If so, what new favorites have your discovered?

17 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm just finishing up my swap with Tarah and everything here looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad your doing a swap with her! She, like youself, is amazing to swap with.
    Look foward to seeing what you get and vice versa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great haul and thanks for the discount code, I used it! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice haul and how fun that you got to get stuff that you would have a lot of difficulty getting in Japan. I bet she has a really great haul with your help too. Any link to her?


    I can imagine how nice it is to have a BB for your skin tone, the Asian ones are not too well suited for darker skin! Those NYX lip creams are really great colours, good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! What did you order form iherb? They have sooo much selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! It's been a pain finding a decent BB cream. I'm not a big fan of heavy foundation so BB creams sounded like an amazing alternative. I'm really happy I tried and like the Maybeline one. :)
    If you click on her name at the top it'll bring you to her Youtube channel. Here's here video on what I got her - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmvrte7jaZQ&feature=plcp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you :) I'm really pleased as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The real techniques eye kit and the travel essentials kit too, thank you once again, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent swap...those Real Technique brushes are v exciting! I just got a stipling brush and I love it. NYX cream lip glosses are the bomb....I'm glad you are a lip product convert now. Also, I was surprised how good the Maybelline BB cream (US version) is. I dare say it is on par with the Japanese version... I just bought it on a whim because my tan is fading and I didn't want to splurge on an expensive foundie. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! Just found your blog when looking for reviews for the prunus box. I'm so excited to find someone living in Japan that have a beauty blog and uses products for dark skin.
    I would like to know about this beauty swaps. Can you give some tips? Links?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I was really happy with this swap as well. I can't believe I'm now wearing stuff on my lips! I never thought I'd see that day. hahah. The Maybeline BB cream has been my go to foundation since I first got my hands on it. This is the first BB cream that suited my skin tone so I can really compare to too many other brands, but I'm so happy that I was sent this one.
    Do you have any matte lip glosses or lipstick suggestions? I would love to try some others :) I'm on a roll... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off, thank you so much for stopping by and thank you again for leaving a comment. I would strongly suggest you start with a smaller budget say around $40-$50 for your first swap as that will give you an idea as to what you want to see in your future swaps and what items you like, etc. For my first couple of swaps I was constantly getting blushes that wouldn't show up on my skin tone so I made a point to mention that in all swaps after that. I also love getting treats in my swaps so I always mention that.
    Here's the link for the private group on facebook. You can just post a request and the replies will start pouring in. Good luck on your first swap :))
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/475501849129359/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Already excited to start! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always came back here to drool a little bit more on this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! I was wondering if you would like to do a swap with me? I'm from the US and I'm dying to get some addiction eyeshadows. I have a bunch of references from makeupalley and youtube. If you could please let me know if you are interested I would really appreciate it. Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dianne,

    I'm not doing any swaps right now but you should check out the beauty swap group on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/475501849129359/
    Good luck and thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...