Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Face Masks Journey Part 1

I've really been getting into face masks lately as I miss the bi-monthly facial I use to have back home in Canada. Face masks in Japan are fairly inexpensive and the selection seems to be endless.
Here are my thoughts on a few I recently tried out.

BB Face Mask
2/pack for $1.00
With hyaluronic acid
"Hyaluronic acid plays an important role in tissue dehydration, lubrication and cellular function. It is produced in the body naturally, however, over time, as with all vitamins and nutrients in the body, the synthesis of Hyaluronic Acid diminishes. In fact, the half-life of Hyaluronic Acid in the cartilage is 2-3 weeks, and only 1 day in the skin."
soure 
This mask was literally dripping with 'essence' when I took it out of the package, and the dripping didn't stop there. My shirt had a cute little wet splotch during my spa treatment. I also found this mask took a bit more effort to to put on my face as it was pretty adamant about sticking to itself.
Luckily for me, after 10 minutes of wearing the mask, the mailman rung the doorbell which compelled me to quickly remove my mask, so as not to scare him. After he left I was able to put the face mask on without much effort. For a dollarstore face mask it's actually quite nice. My face was left hydrated and brightened.
Repurchase? Yes.


Honey Luxe (ハニーリュクス)
$5.00/ea
I received this face mask in my July Glossybox. It was okay. It was only slightly moisturizing. I found that I still had to apply face cream after using it.
Repurchase? No.



Skin Food - Aloe Sheet Mask
10/box for $8.00
This was my first time trying out any Skin Food product. The fit was nice, but it had very small eyelets and an even smaller mouth opening, making it hard to have conversation or even take a sip of water while wearing the mask.  I found it to be very moisturizing and very affordable at under $1.00 each.
Repurchase? Yes.

The favorite
Koh Gen Do - Macro Vintage Essence Mask 
6/box at $110.00
I received this mask a sample from a Koh Gen Do e-mook as seen here.
This mask was absolutely fabulous! It was insanely moisturizing and felt really nice on my skin. My face was left with a beautiful, healthy glow that felt supple to the touch.
This is by far my favorite mask but it also on the more expensive side at about $19 each.
Repurchase? Yes. Well hopefully, as a Christmas gift to myself.

Have you tried a sheet face mask? If so, what are your favorites?


5 comments:

  1. I am imagining you trying to speak out of the little holes in the Skinfood mask ;-) I've been trying to get into masks too (and use the ones you got me!) and they're actually pretty fun! That Koh Gen Do mask sounds fantastic! Do you have to leave it on for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me almost 4 months of being here to finally dive into the masks game. Haha!
    Let me know what you think of the ones I sent youI usually keep my masks one for as long as I can stand it.. which is about max 30 mins.
    The Koh Gen Do mask WAS amazing! I'm almost tempted to buy another e-mook just for the mask. My local book store has about 3 left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used one of the masks you sent me (green package) and it was fantastic! I've never tried a mask like that and it was super moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These masks seem like so much fun! I got a sample of one from an order I placed with cosmetic-love.com and I can't wait to try it and hopefully repurchase different other ones to try out too. Boy, that last mask you tried is EXPENSIVE!! I thought 11$ for 6 at first but 19$ for real?! Wow, that's kinda crazy! At least it was a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice!

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway from Sunglasses Shop if you'd like to check it out!
    devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...