Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Fall in Yamanashi




Last weekend a bunch of friend and I went for light and scenic hike at Shosenkyo gorge. It was such a beautiful day!
We saw a feral cat that walked side by side with the passersby, and a pack of cute and possibly wild pups. We ate black sesame seed ice cream, enjoyed a giant Japanese rice cracker and took some grilled fish home. I meet a friendly group of Chinese travelers who wanted to know more about me, for sone reason. The most amazing sight however, (after the beautiful view of Fujisan, and the reds, oranges and yellows of the changing leaves), was seeing monkeys. For me, this was awesome! I've never seen monkeys in the wild before. I was so excited that I scared them off by shouting and pointing for my friends to come have a look. Luckily, they were able catch a glimpse of them before they ran right back into the trees.
Here are some photos of my hike. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of the monkeys.



Thank you for visiting! :)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I would love to try the unique Ice cream too, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wonderful your fall in Yamanashi!!! Love the colors of the fall and Rilakumma too! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! Are you supposed to put a coin into the rockface for luck?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many flavors! My favorite so far is sweet potato. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rilakkuma is with me wherever I go. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your blog, thank for sharing your experiences in Japan (and make up stuff) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. vos photos sont vraiment super!!! beautiful photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that Magic Mountain and look at that blue autumn sky! Isn't autumn in Japan the most beautiful season, ever, anywhere? ^^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...