Monday, 25 March 2013

Weekend Trip to The Ghibli Museum

Hey Guys!
Sooooo.. it's officially 1 year since I've been in Japan. Yatta! We did it! (Alex and I)
I'll be doing a seperate post about my year thus far, and what I have planned for this upcoming year. So please, stay tuned.
This post will focus on my birthday weekend and what we did. :)
My birthday was March 6th. I didn't really do much, as it was a Wednesday, but I received a lot of fun stuff, including tickets to visit the Ghibli Museum. Which I've been trying to visit since last year.
Alex planned a day for us in Tokyo on March 10th.
Before visiting the the museum Alex surprised me with a stop to what seemed like the middle of nowhere. Upon arriving at Takaido Station we were greeted by a sand storm that seemed to be a spill over from China.


There Alex brought me to the cutest little shop that featured Totoro and other Ghibli characters all along the wall.

Shiro-Hige’s Cream Puff Factory
Address: 3-21-21 Takaidohigashi, Suginami-ku, Tokyo
Phone: 03-3334-4689
Business Hours: 10:30-19:30 (Close Mondays)
Homepage: www.shiro-hige.com
 

Alex ordered 2 of the cutest cream puffs I've ever laid on my eyes on.


We walked to Inokashira park, near Kichijoji Station, to enjoy our cute little treats.They were wicked yummy!! I really wish we order 4 instead of 2 :(


The Ghibli museum was fun but crowded. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take photos in the museum. The 9 minute featured film was cute and easy to follow, even though it was in Japanese.
I did however, take a photo with a Laputa Robot.
 

If you're fan of Studio Ghibli films, then this museum is a must if your visiting Tokyo or live in Japan.

3 comments:

  1. dying to go there! those cream puffs are just too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so cool! Japan looks like so much fun sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cream puffs look almost too adorable to eat! I'm glad you had such a good time there, I would absolutely love to visit the museum someday~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...